Friday, September 09, 2005

 

Screw the NY Times

Like the title says, screw the NY Times!!! I take particular offense to an article they released the other day. The article is titled "Houston Finds Business Boon After Katrina".

The article portrays Houston as taking advantage of the situation that affected lots and lots of New Orleans residents. I mean, yeah, there may be some, but probably very, very few. What I have learned from this tragedy is that there are a lot of caring Houstonians. Screw the NY Times!!!

You know, I'd tell them that I volunteered (which I did) at the Astrodome. It was the height of activity here so there were thousands of evacuees here. Tell me, what has the NY Times done for the evacuees??? Have they donated any money??? Not any that I could find. All they did is what every other media outlet does, take pictures. They didn't do shit.

I volunteered my time. Two shifts in less than two days. To be exact, 16 hours volunteered in a span of 27 hours. I didn't get paid for it. I definitely didn't make any money out of it. In fact, I had to spend money. You know that gas has been high. It was about $2.99 in the Houston area. I drove 120 miles total (two trips to and from Katy to the Astrodome). That's about half a tank of gas. So it cost me about $21.00 to go volunteer...FOR FREE!!!!!

So screw the NY Times. Their article does not reflect what's really going on in Houston. WTF does the NY Times know about Houston anyway??? Damn Yankees.

Comments:
You *should* write to them!!!
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?