Saturday, January 20, 2007

 

New plants

There was a fruit plant sale today, hosted by the Urban Harvest group (http://urbanharvest.org/).

It was packed. Reminded me of the Best Buy line for the day after Thanksgiving sale. When the gates opened up, people walked, some ran into the sale area. The smart people got wagons to carry their plants in (I wasn't one of the smart people).

I grabbed a Guava (Pink Barbie) tree and a Papaya tree. Then came the line to check out. It wasn't well organized to accommodate all the people. But once we figured out where the line was, it wasn't too bad.

I took the guava tree to my mom. She'll raise it and probably be able to produce several new trees from it. I have the papaya here at home. It's a neat looking plant, but won't get planted until March.

That was my day...

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?