Tuesday, August 16, 2005

 

$2.61!!!! Holy crapola

Exactly...holy crapola. Rising gas prices. Well, that's the highest I've seen regular unleaded gas for. The cheapest is $2.44.

Gas has gone up almost a whole dollar since the same time last year.

A barrel of oil is over $67.00.

What to do?!?!?!?!?! Who to blame?!?!?!?!?

This is how I'm affected...

- I might not be able to afford gas to go to work. I'll have to tell them that I can't afford to drive to work. Gas prices have gone up 36%, which is about 1200X the rate of inflation. I guess I'll have to telecommute / work from home. How sweet would that be. I work for a computer company, they should have the infrastructure to support it...nevermind.

- My electricity bill is much higher than last year. Sure it's August in Texas, but still...it's high. They had a clip on the news of some lady here that had an electricity bill over $500.00. Well she complained that they were strapped for cash, but ironically, she drove a gas guzzling expedition (that's her right) and had a plasma television in the living room.

Well, I've done a few things that I HOPE will save me some money.
- Set the A/C at 81. That's higher than the recommended 78, but that 3 degrees difference would probably mean my $175 bill would be over $200.

- Bought a few flourescent bulbs and replaced some of the higher used incandescent bulbs.

That's about it for now. Maybe I'll get solar panels (one can dream of the time when the electricity meter goes backwards).

Comments:
Someone who has a plasma tv and drives a 14mpg Expedition should shut the fuck up and take some responsibility for their consumption habits, instead of simply whining about being "strapped for cash."

Whom to blame for high gas prices? Here's a thought.

What to do?

NRDC's guide to reducing your energy consumption

AAA's tips to improving gas mileage

gaspricewatch.com
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?