Sunday, February 18, 2007

 

Lake Buchanan

Pictures from my trip to Lake Buchanan. It was kinda cold, but really windy. Because of that, there was no kayaking....just went hiking through the "rugged" trail...ever been stuck by a cactus? Not fun. Guess I just nudged one with the top of my foot. The quills(?) went through the mesh in my shoe and into my toe. I was like "ow!!!! what the hell was that?!?!?!". Nothing like pulling out small needles from your toe...

Picture above...panoramic of the section of the lake I was at.
Dead tree along the trail...sign of things to come.
Peeking at the lake through the trees
Lake view from a higher elevation
One of the 5 armadillos I encountered...not much wildlife like they said there would be..
Lake view descending from the summit of the hill (some 1250 feet high)
Panoramic from the same point
Descended that...it was pretty steep

Bald eagle nest about 18 miles from the lake...waited 10 minutes, but no bald eagle showed its head...

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?