Saturday, September 24, 2005

 

9/24/05 (10:30 AM)

Hurricane Rita has come ashore. Nothing much has happened. Some wind, very little rain.

I checked the outside weather around 2:30 AM. It was windy and rainy. There was a decent light show. Mainly transformers blowing up. A nice hue of blue, green, and orange every few seconds. I tried to catch pictures of it, but no luck. As you can tell, we still have power. However, my friend 5 miles to the north of us doesn't. Luckily, it's cool outside and a there is still a decent breeze to keep his house cool.

I checked outside this morning around 10 AM. It's overcast, windy, and even less rain (well, non-existent at this point). I checked around for some damage. None to the house. Our banana trees didn't fare so well, but everything else is OK. Luckily, the banana trees will likely recover. I was hoping for more rain than we got. I didn't water the new grass for almost a week, expecting enough (well, more than enough) rain from Rita. But you never know, we could still get some rain out of it.

I checked around the neighborhood. The only damage came from some wind. A couple of the new houses they are building suffered some shingle damage. Other than that, nothing. No broken tree limbs, no downed power lines, nada.

My mom told my wife not to let me out because mom knew that I would go outside and check stuff out. That didn't stop me so here are some pictures.



The picture above is from one of the new houses they are building. Notice the shingles.
Image of the sky to the west of my house.



Poor, poor banana trees.






Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?