Thursday, January 20, 2005

 

God this...God that

OK, I know that this country was founded on by people who wanted to practice their own religion. That's cool with me. What about the people that don't want to practice religion and don't want to listen to others preach how much better their religion is than another.

Isn't there supposed to be a separation between religion and the government? So, why does the President swear to God? Sounds like a direct contradiction of the separation of church and state. Why must I be subjected to this so much...

Should the Pledge of Allegiance be changed..."one nation, indivisible, with liberty and justice for all"? Sounds a lot better.

If I'm testifying in court, do I need to put my hand on the bible? What about some other religious book?

Just my thoughts...

Comments:
The God reference was not added to the Pledge of Allegiance until 1954, during the period of McCarthyism. It was also during this time that "In God we Trust" was added to US currency.

Screw the godless commies. And anyone else who doesn't believe in the correct god.

http://www.restorethepledge.com/
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?