Wednesday, January 19, 2005

 

Reliant blows

So, I get my power cut off the other day. Nothing as much fun as that.

Ok, here's the story. We move out of the apartment back in August 2004. I call to have the power transfered to the house. They want to charge me a deposit fee. I talk with a supervisor and he waives the deposit because we had been a customer for 4 years or so. We have power at the house

Four months go by, no bill. Ok, so I could have called to ask where it was, but is that my responsibility? How does Reliant collect their money? They send out a bill. Ok, so I call after the power gets cut. It takes forever for someone to find out any information. First they need the account number...like I know it. Then they need my wife's SSN. Do I know it...of course not. Then they need her driver's license number. Do I know it...of course not.

So finally they figure it out. Ok, where have my bills gone...guess where. The old apartment. Ok, so what, they can't deduce that when I shut the power off at one place and transfer it to the other, that I might actually live at the new place??? Anyway $ 348.44 later, my power is back on.

Yeah, their customer support sucks as well. "Well, I can't look up the account without the account number"...don't know it. The account's under my wife's name. I gave them her SSN, and they didn't have any record of it. It was under her driver's license#.

So we slept in the cold...no heat. water heater still worked because it's gas. but it was friggin cold last night. the guy who came to shut the power off didn't care when he saw ana with the 2 small kids. should he care...well, you would hope that there would be some sympathy. he was doing his job. well, he could have been like, i'll give you 5 minutes to call and see if you can pay off the balance. if it's all good, then i'll walk. she could have paid it easily. but anyway....

RELIANT BLOWS!!!!!!

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?