Sunday, September 25, 2005

 

Post Rita...Now the Fun Begins

Rita came and went like nothing happened. OK, that's my perspective from my house. I drove around looking for a place to eat. It looked like McD's was open because there was a line of cars. Well, drove up to the drive thru and one of the guys working there said that they were closed and would open today. I was thinking, man they could make a killing, being one of the only places open in the area. I guess a lot of stores/restaurants will open today. Our friend Christine had to go to work today. Ana's brother had to go in as well. My buddy John has to go and check on his store. I don't know if he'll be opening the store since all of his workers fled town (that's what they say).

Damage around the area that I drove around ranged from peeled shingles, downed tree limbs, and blown down fences. The big wooden sign to the subdivision broke off its posts and is laying on the ground.

But like I said, the fun begins. I started clearing out the garage. Did I mention that it is frickin' hot? Man, it was so much nicer yesterday. Now we're going back to our normal weather. 96 degrees and 94% humidity. Crap. Since we didn't get much rain, guess I'll still have to water.

Putting stuff out of the garage shouldn't take that long. Then the process of taking all the stuff from upstairs back downstairs. One of the things I don't look forward to is re-hooking up the computer from where it initially was. But I guess this is better than the house flooding or damaged.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?