Wednesday, January 18, 2006

 

Electrical Issues

Luckily, not for me at home. However....

So I get to work at 6:00 AM today to run one of our applications. I know it takes a long time for it to load, that's why I got there so early. About 2.5 hours into it, the power flickers. Lights stay on, but all the sudden, all the servers go down. So my application stops running (oh joy). Turns out someone cut a wire, which wasn't a big thing initially, but probably sent a surge throughout, affecting all the servers. I wonder if the person that did it was quitting today and this was his final FU.

Electricity for the MetroRail was also out. Power outage. They have partial power now, but it's not completely running. Oh well....

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?