Tuesday, February 21, 2006

 

Ugh....30

Just turned 30, and do you know what I did for my 30th birthday??? I got sick. Everyone told me that things would go downhill at 30, but I didn't expect it to be the day I turned 30. All I had to eat on my birthday was 1/2 of a cracker, 1/2 a slice of bread, one tiny bite of a whataburger chicken strip, and a thumb dipped in my birthday cake.

Gee, what have I done in three decades? Let's recap...

February 1976 - born
June 1994 - graduated high school
June 1994 - got my first job (with my dad)
June 1995 - got my first job not with my dad (but with the help of a friend)
August 1995 - got my first job on my own
November 1995 - met the girl that would later become my wife
December 1999 - graduated college
March 2000 - got my first "real" job
May 2001 - got married
October 2001 - had my first kid
June 2004 - had my second kid
August 2004 - signed my life away for 30 years by getting a house

Some would say that's a lot, but is it? Sometimes I feel it isn't. Feels like I could have done more (not by having more kids, but done something different).

Oh well, here's to 30 years that have passed by and to the next X amount of years ahead.

Comments:
happy late late birthday! man, time flies by so fast, didn't even realize the end of feb is almost here..argh!

well, hopefully i'll celebrate my 30th in a fun way :p
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?